Saturday, July 21, 2007

One Step Beyond?

This morning, as I was watching the British Open, I saw a commercial which is not out of the ordinary. The scene starts out with the sight of cowboy boots walking around a city scape. Music lightly playing in the background. As the commercial continues, I see the familiar Geico Cavemen walking down the street. I'm thinking this is a new installment of the "Caveman" campaign, but I was sorely mistaken.

Apparently ABC has inked the creators of the show "Third Rock From The Sun" to a seven figure deal to create a new show in which the Cavemen live in Atlanta. Come on, the MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) will eat a marathon runner for an appetizer. How can HOTLANTA live up to the hype? Are they going to catch a foul ball at Turner Field? Maybe drop by Vick's Atlanta pad for a cock fight? I loved the commercials when they first came out, and the song from the airport scene is always in my head, but this is "jumping the shark" before you even start.

I will give it a spin in the fall to see if it explains the missing link; but there better not be a Seinfeld rerun on.

No comments:

Post a Comment