Thursday, June 14, 2007

No runs is fun

Pitching is a game unto itself. One would think that watching 2 guys slinging the best they've got-and not getting hit out of the park-would be boring. I think brilliance. I had the opportunity to watch a pitching match up that, to the average fan, is like nails on a chalk board. However, I was in bliss. C.C. Sabathia and Aaron Harang went scoreless though 9 innings Sunday afternoon until the Reds finally got a run across in the 12th.

The few people sitting around me were up and down all game. Basically, they thought it was a bad one. A young lady said to me, "Why won't they score?" I replied, "They can't, they're getting shut down." There were a total of 13 hits in the entire game: To the novice this is an abomination; to a pitcher, almost heaven.


Final 12
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
R
H
E


Cleveland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 0



Cincinnati 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 6 0


No comments:

Post a Comment