Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Loyal Fans?

Well ladies, and gentlemen I'm not making this up. Just a few weeks ago I was in the 513; Cincinnati, Ohio. I went to see the Professor for our annual dose of the College World Series, and the Cleveland Indians were in town playing the Reds at Great American Ballpark (GABP). We went to 2 of the 3 games. The first night game was the debut of Homer Bailey, and the other was a Sunday day game in which the Red outlasted the Indians in a great pitching duel, winning in 11 innings. I got to see friends, have a few beers, and watch baseball in one of the best venues I've graced with my presence. Every seat is a good one. We ate at The Montgomery Inn, which Whitey gives two thumbs up. If you're in town, you gotta go.

This morning, as I was perusing the world in which we live, I fell upon this story of a 6'8" gentleman who apparently broke part of his seat away inside GABP and got all the way outside the stadium before being apprehended. In broad daylight. That's right, 4:15 in the afternoon and this cat, Brad Hosler, just pulls up stakes and walks out with the seat like it's his beach chair. Only in Cincinnati. I know the Reds are not very good right now, but this takes the statement, "I'm taking my toys and going home!" to a new level. And the kicker....he showed up at the courthouse in a Reds t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment